Vegetable Stroganoff. Yes’ eat your Veggies !
This stroganoff starts with onion, garlic, carrots, zucchini, red bell pepper and basil combined with a creamy tomato paste and yogurt sauce. Mixed with shaped pasta, this twist on stroganoff is a simple meal and real crowd pleaser.
1. To cook the pasta, fill a pot halfway with water. Bring it to a boil over high heat. When it has boiled, add the pasta and cook until just tender about 12 minutes. Drain the pasta and set aside.
2. While the pasta is cooking, cook the stroganoff: Put a skillet over medium heat and when it is hot, add the oil. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, zucchini, pepper and dried basil and cook until soft and golden, about 20 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and cook until the sauce comes together, about 20 minutes.
4. Put the yogurt and tomato paste in the bowl, stirring until smooth.
5. Turn the heat off and move the vegetables in the skillet to one side. Gradually add the tomato paste mixture to the other side of the skillet, stirring all the while. Turn the heat to low and cook about 5 minutes, until heated through.
6. Add the cooked pasta and stir until mixed.